Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Breaking-up is hard to do...

It's official. The on-going bickering between myself and my gallbladder is over. We came to a mutual agreement and have broken up. My gallbladder has packed up, shipped out, and moved on to...well I'm not exactly sure where he went but he's gone. :)

No tears here, especially since I have my medicine and my Mom to keep me company.
I arrived at the hospital yesterday nice(not 'bright' because there was no sun up yet) and early. I was all checked in by 6am and was feeling pretty calm. I didn't start feeling all anxious and nervous until it was time to put my "special gown" and get hooked up to an IV. I was smiling and giggling all morning because I giggle when I'm nervous. All of the nurses and doctors were so kind and patient with me. They even laughed at my attempts at jokes.

One of my favorite activities of the day was being wheeled around in my bed to the different rooms. I tried to convince the orderly to do a wheelie but apparently that would be against the safety rules.

I had requested that Mom take some pictures of me post-surgery so the I could immortalize this blessed event. I think the nurses thought she was either cruel or crazy as she snapped pictures while laughing at me in my groggy, half-conscious state. My wacky sense of humor definitely comes from my Mom.


No comments: