Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Healthy Habits

I've been testing out foods post-surgery, trying to see if I have any negative reactions to anything so I know what to avoid. So far bananas are my only new foe. Amongst all my experimental eating, my goal of healthier eating has been forgotten. Oops.

Before my surgery I had done an excellent job of maintaining a fat free diet and was learning to like new vegetables (like baby snap peas). I have been focusing more on my health by making positive changes in my diet and in my physical activity. After having been under so many restrictions due to my gall bladder attacks I thoroughly enjoying tasty foods again.

Instead of throwing in the towel on my diet attempts yet again I've decided to make a deal with myself: When the doctor gives me his release and life returns to normal so will all my healthier habits. I'm working my way back in small increments over this next week.

Mom and I recently went for a lap or two around Memorial Park but I could barely make it around half way. And I was shuffling! Combine that with my sagging pajama pants that I had to keep adjusting for fear of showing of my underwear and our walk quickly turned into a very slow-paced stroll around the parking lot. I was out of breath from the exertion and pain. Mom was out of breath from doubling over and laughing at me. Again, more proof my sense of humor is HER fault.

No comments: