Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Will Work for Income

This week marks my third pay period going by and no openings at any of the local stores. How is that I can be employed and not have a job? I am currently hanging out in limbo with Wal-Mart, just waiting for an opening somewhere. I can't apply to some positions because I am "currently an associate." Yet, I can't complete my transfer because there aren't any open requisitions.

Also, can you say 'hiring freeze'? Almost all of the smaller businesses around here have more than enough staff. The way the economy is in general right now it seems I have picked the worst possible time to transfer. I have a job at the store I'm coming from if I want it. I could cashier there but I really think the 22 hour commute to Rexburg, Idaho just might possibly be a bit much.

All I can do is cringe as I watch the bills come in and what little money I have dwindle. I'm growing so weary of applying for jobs. I'm seeing applications in my sleep!

Able-bodied student looking for work...

No comments: