Thursday, February 26, 2009

DC rocks UCA

















Keeping with a recent tradition, news of American Idol David Cook performing in Arkansas could only mean one thing: roadtrip. Albeit a very mini-roadtrip. The concert was fun and the girl talk time on the trip down and back up was great. My main complaint was that they banned (supposedly per the artist's request) cameras. I can understand 'flash photography' but ALL CAMERS?! Please.

Obviously from the evidence posted here I wasn't exactly a law-abiding concert attendee.

Abbey, her friend Paige, and I all enjoyed the show, swaying to the music and clapping like idiots. Abbey knew all the lyrics toe very song while I just made mental notes of songe to download later. Paige and I both got excited when he sang "Light On." Not because it's a brilliant piece of musical genius (which, to be honest it really isn't. Sorry, David, not your best work.) but because it was the only song we recognized. Hooray to radio stations that beat hit songs to death.

It was a lot of fun though, between sneaking in our cameras, taking secret pictures, having ringing ears, enjoying some good music, and being surrounded by a very pumped up crowd. This was the first time Abbey or I heard his own material in concert. Once again, I forsee some repeat appearances made by yours truely and her bestie. DC in KC next, right? :)

No comments: