Thursday, February 26, 2009

And just when you think you know...


...the surprise twist at the end changes everything.

Today, after months of harrassing Wal-Mart, I was finally given a position. Thank you, Wal-Mart. I promise to work hard and try not to question your methods(for month or two). Of course they would wait until I had already accepted a job elsewhere so that I could call Target and feel like a total idiot and reject a job offer I had previously accepted(practically begging for the job was more like it). But, when all is said and done, I am very relieved to be back with the retail giant-offically. Red just isn't really my color and I really couldn't see myself being reprogramed("Can I help you find something?")after so many years in blue.

For me, Target was this shiney, new, bright-red sweater. New, crisp, and clean. It fit okay but was't really that comfortable. Familiar old Wal-Mart is my worn-out hoodie. Broken in, comfortable, and much more my style. Plus, the blue really brings out my eyes. :)

A big thank you to everyone who supported me through my job related woes with words of encouragement and support and even the occassional helpful hint as to who else might be hiring a Wal-Mart reject. Thank you again!

No comments: