Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bullseye!

Okay, so my job hunt may very well be drawing to a close. With a surprising twist for the conclusion. After almost 5 years of (usually) dedicated service with mega-retailer Wal-Mart I am being sought after by the competition. I completed my interviews and the always fun drug screening today and have been offered a job. Target wants me as a "team member." So it is farewell to the near (literally, Target is three times the distance from my house) and dear Neighborhood Market. Hello, strange red-obsessed Target.
So, congratulations to me, I have a job. Albeit, not my first pick but a paycheck is a paycheck is a paycheck. Now I have the fun of shopping ahead. I own exactly one red top. It's a tank top that is faded and grungy looking. Not exactly work apparel. I also will have to work hard at de-Wal-Martianing myself. It's painfully obvious who my previous employer is when I keep stumbling over the change from fellow associates to fellow team members.
For me, I guess Wal-Mart slogan is "Our people make the difference...elsewhere."

No comments: