Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A royal pain in the side.

I have been having some discomfort (read: pain) in my side/abdomen area for over a month now but have paid little or no attention to it. It was merely a nuisance. Until this past week. I woke up a few nights from the sharp pain coming from my side and on the drive home from Oklahoma the pain was so severe it caused me to throw up. The pain wasn't going away this time like it had in the past. After 3 days of almost constant pain I called my doctor.

Thankfully they got me in right away. Not so thankfully, examining me meant poking and prodding. Which almost caused me to redecorate his shoes. The pain comes from the same area where my gall bladder used to be and where most of my pre-surgery pain had come from also. So far his best guess is there is an infection. He scheduled me for a CT tomorrow. Oh the joy. I thoguht the whole gall bladder party was over and done with finally. Think again.

No comments: