My first gall bladder attack was Sunday.
My Psychology final was Monday.
The next three weeks were full of missed appointments, canceled meetings, sick days from work, sleepless nights, and a lot of pain. Who knew something barely the size of my first could be such a literal pain in my side?
Thankfully, I have seen a doctor, had my ultrasounds (not a fond memory-do they know it HURTS?), and will be meeting with a surgeon later this week. I am privileged to have gallstones. I'm still not sure exactly what causes these little beauties but I am more than ready to part with them.
Interesting enough to me, this is a common problem. I have found so many supportive people ready to lend support, offer advice, and reassure me that life post-surgery is great. I'm surprised that I have yet to drive anyone mad with my whiny and impatience but the end is near.
I do not have a picture of my own gall bladder or gallstones (yet) but Google to the rescue once again. For you viewing pleasure:


No comments:
Post a Comment