Saturday, December 13, 2008

The long road home...

Not just an album by one of my favorite music groups, the long road home perfectly describes my trip from Idaho back to Arkansas. Who knew I could actually begin to hate my car? Wyoming was the longest, most boring stretch of highway that I have encountered to date. The signs warning of school bus stops entertained us a little. There were no houses, buildings, or even cattle anywhere in sight and yet they dropped off school children?

I had quite the lead foot most of the way home but miraculously didn't get pulled over until reaching the Missouri-Arkansas border. The officer was kind enough to let me off with a warning. I think he took pity on a carload of tired college kids just trying to make it home for Christmas. Plus, he kinda choked on his gum when we told him how far we had driven.
We left Idaho on Friday evening and arrived safe and sound in Bentonville late Saturday night. Seeing the Arkansas state sign gave me that extra umph I needed to make it the rest of the way home. Melissa and I manged to unload my car and scrounge up some pajamas. After some chat with the rest of the family, we both finally crashed, snuggled warmly in our own beds.

No comments: