Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What now?

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a habitual list maker. I can spend hours making a great To Do List. All this time spent coming up with ideas, color coding, and organizing a list does leave little time to actually do the items on the list but even so, I love a good list. A little over a year ago I decided it was time for some changes in my life and made a list. As I have been organizing my keep, toss, pack piles of belongings I came across this list. I took the time to sit down and review this 'Hopes and Dreams for 2008' list. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had completed or have worked on every item I had set out to do. Wow. What a treasure to have a completed To Do list but all I can think is What now? I am someone who loves having something to work towards, some goal to achieve. A mission, a destination, a dream.

The possibilities seem endless. I am encouraged by my achievements thus far and have decided to set new goals. Some are silly, some are basic, and some take effort. I am all for growth and development, letting life be a classroom.

Here's what I've come up with so far-

  1. continue reading uplifting books-at least one a month
  2. make one new friend each week or learn something new about an old friend
  3. learn to walk in heels-this will open up so many new options in footwear
  4. put more time into daily prayer, make it more meaningful
  5. strive to finish homework assignments before the last minute
  6. capture more on film-a picture is worth a thousand words
  7. learn how to cook a bigger variety of dishes
  8. call Grandma more often
  9. learn more about proper car maintenance
  10. say 'I love you' more often
  11. avoid watching too much television
  12. eat more 'leafy greens'
  13. take more time out for myself (i.e. attempting a full night's sleep)
  14. budget money and spend wisely

No comments: