Sunday, August 31, 2008

Idolize This!


What an amazing trip! My friend, Abbey and I spent the whole weekend in Kansas City. Sampling the food, the shopping, and forcing down more than our fair share of road construction. She’ll turn me into an American Idol fan yet. The road trip was a blast as usual, just us gals with miles of road and hours of chit-chat. Our GPS, affectionately names Melody was directionally challenged, resulting in numerous wrong turns. We quickly learned to pad our arrival time for any destination.

We spent hours out in the hot sun, conversing with fanatics and listening to them swap stories. We managed to nab a few autographs before the show, but didn’t manage to get David Cook’s until afterwards. Everything was so rushed by then though that we don’t have any good pictures of him. Another road trip, another time I guess.

Each time I visit Kansas City, I fall a little more in love with the city. I foresee another trip in the near future…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now I'm more determined to get you into American Idol when it comes on in January!!! We can have a weekly watch party! :) I can't wait for another trip to ol' KC again too!!!