
I went to the dentist Tuesday afternoon with frazzled nerves. I'm embarassed to admit that I have not been in a dentist chair since 2004. Yikes, right? I have been experiencing some semi-frequent tooth sensitivity and have been feeling more and more self conscious of my not-very-white teeth. In the spirit of focusing on my health (Thanks again, Mr. Gallbladder) I finally set up an appointment.
I recieved lots of not-so-great news. I have eight cavities. Yes, EIGHT. And I'm bordering on infected gums. Yay me. The remedy? I have a To Do list.
1) Buy an electric toothbrush...this is good and bad. Yay, an excuse to shop. Boo, I prefer manual.
2) Use the nastiest mouth rinse ever daily...this is just bad. Boo.
3) Learn to floss properly...the 'properly' part is said very crisply. I apparently slept through flossing lessons at some point in life.
4) Get eight fillings...gotta love the drill.
5) Get said fillings over 3 visits
6) Have a cleaning before fillings
7) Have a follow-up cleaning after fillings
8) Pay them lots and lost of money
I walked out of my first visit feeling much lighter in the wallet and much busier on the calendar. I feel like my dentist might be trying to make up for lost time.
As of today I have bought my toothebrush, avoided the nasty rinse, had one cleaning, and recieved four of my fillings. I'm moving along but...boy, is my mouth sore! Don't get me wrong, I think my dentist is a great guy. I really like the office and the staff too. I just really don't enjoy the whole needle, drill, pain scenario. Smiles are pricey.
I recieved lots of not-so-great news. I have eight cavities. Yes, EIGHT. And I'm bordering on infected gums. Yay me. The remedy? I have a To Do list.

1) Buy an electric toothbrush...this is good and bad. Yay, an excuse to shop. Boo, I prefer manual.
2) Use the nastiest mouth rinse ever daily...this is just bad. Boo.
3) Learn to floss properly...the 'properly' part is said very crisply. I apparently slept through flossing lessons at some point in life.
4) Get eight fillings...gotta love the drill.
5) Get said fillings over 3 visits
6) Have a cleaning before fillings
7) Have a follow-up cleaning after fillings
8) Pay them lots and lost of money
I walked out of my first visit feeling much lighter in the wallet and much busier on the calendar. I feel like my dentist might be trying to make up for lost time.
As of today I have bought my toothebrush, avoided the nasty rinse, had one cleaning, and recieved four of my fillings. I'm moving along but...boy, is my mouth sore! Don't get me wrong, I think my dentist is a great guy. I really like the office and the staff too. I just really don't enjoy the whole needle, drill, pain scenario. Smiles are pricey.

No comments:
Post a Comment