Thursday, June 25, 2009

Passing Go...

I am so stoked right now. I just got back from taking my final exam for my Communications class and had to jott down a few thoughts. I have thoroughly enjoyed my class and instructor. It has been such a confidence booster to feel like I'm recieving the grade I put the work in for again. I tease myself about "nerding it up."


I spent all morning, afternoon, and early evening today reviewing and rehearsing the material I would be tested over. After completing my exam I had to fill out a course analysis sheet. As I was handing that in, my instructor pulled me out into the hall. She had already graded my test and wanted me to see my grade: 100%! Yay! I had studied hard but hadn't expected a perfect score.


She also had some other great news for me. There was an assignment I hadn't completed due to "technical difficulties" (my computer is dying and I lost all my papers one night during one of its numerous meltdowns) and because I have proven my willingness to work hard on all of my other assignments SHE FORGAVE MY ZERO. "As far as I'm concerned, you turned it in." Double yay! I almost started crying. Without that paper the highest final grade I could hope for was a mid-B. I now have a 99% for my final grade.


I feel so humbledand blessed.


Note to self: embrace your nerdiness! It pays off.