After watching Elder Bednar's broadcast and listening to John Bytheway's "Turn Off the Tv and Get a Life" I have decide to make some changes. The line "stop watching other people live their dreams on television, and start living some of your own" really hit home.What do I really get in return for all the time I put into tv? Honestly, nothing. The world really won't end if I'm not up-to-date on the latest shows.
Does it really matter if I even know who won American Idol this season? Or if Chuck will finally pick Blair? Or if we will ever know who killed Beckett's mother? I'm thinking not.
Despite my time in Idaho, my single goal in life really isn't to become a potato, couch or otherwise. "Part of the testing here is to have so many interesting things to do that we can forget the main purposes for being here." (Elder Richard G. Scott) Yikes. I'm limiting myself to no more than an hour of tv a day, no aimless surfing of the web, no more texting when I have a real person present, and I will be pulling out my earbuds more. So here's to fewer distractions; less face to screen time and more face to face, heart to heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment